Basketball is Just a Game, But a Coach Can Be More
As most people who know me know, I am not a big sports fan; so there are a lot of names that are big in college and professional sports that are meaningless to me. I'm a book nerd, authors' names I know; sports, not so much.
However, the bookstore where I work is a few minutes' walk from UCLA, so even I have learned to recognize the name of the legendary UCLA basketball coach, John Wooden. He died yesterday, at the age of 99, I believe. He evidently left quite a mark. I read a quotation of something he said that made me think I would have liked to meet him. I think he still has something to teach me.
"Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ---Coach John Wooden. RIP
Linda
However, the bookstore where I work is a few minutes' walk from UCLA, so even I have learned to recognize the name of the legendary UCLA basketball coach, John Wooden. He died yesterday, at the age of 99, I believe. He evidently left quite a mark. I read a quotation of something he said that made me think I would have liked to meet him. I think he still has something to teach me.
"Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ---Coach John Wooden. RIP
Linda
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home