Dub Brown's Family

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Bits and Bobs and Buttons Everywhere






Couldn't resist these pix of the cats; but, more importantly, demolition of the old kitchen is pretty much complete. Kind of sad -- it stood up to 50 odd years of use. But the new kitchen is much more useful and gratifying, and this space will become our home office/spare bedroom. What is currently the home office will become the kid's room -- and we just got official-looking docs from Homeland Security (gulp) stating our biometrics (fingerprint) appointment. All in the aid of the China adoption.

God and the US and Chinese governments willing, we'll go to China before the end of 2010. Sigh. I'm trying not to despair that it takes so long.

Good thing Betty Rocket the kitten keeps us on our toes. First breakage: a porcelain box that I used for spare buttons on my vanity. Tim was worried it had sentimental value, but no, just something I found while antiquing. I imagine he had fun picking up the buttons. A lesson in kitten -- and child -- proofing the house.

Meanwhile, we've hired our kitchen contractors to do the new room. I'm much relieved. They're giving us a very good rate, and it means Tim doesn't have to do it himself while working a full-time job and then starting teaching again on Saturdays in a few weeks.

Now, what color to paint the walls?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home