Dub Brown's Family

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Milestones -- or do they call them Knots?






Bet you can't tell how proud I am: Tim's been taking flying lessons -- and he soloed on June 2, 2009! His flight instructor, Reza, has been awesome, firm, encouraging, practical, and patient -- but not too patient. I suspect it would be easy to keep dodging the solo bullet since it must be a stomach-churning endeavor. But Tim did it with flying (pun intended) colors.

And every flying school has their own tradition once a pilot has soloed. Reza's tradition is to hack off the back of the shirt worn the day of the solo and make a certificate of accomplishment. Very cool. Now, how do I frame it?

Can't wait for the day when Tim and I can come buzzing home for the holidays in a little Cessna whatever.

love, Linda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home