Dub Brown's Family

Thursday, April 16, 2009

It's been a long couple weeks...



But nothing can stop daffydils from blooming and making me smile.

I've spent the last couple weeks visiting a friend in hospital, as she faces heart transplant surgery; Tim and I spent Sunday night in ER with our 85-year old neighbor lady who'd fallen and hit her head; I spent Monday taking her to her doctor for follow-up to make sure there was no risk of internal bleeding (she looks like she's been in the ring with a couple of prizefighters -- such swelling and bruising to her poor face); I trained two employees while my boss was away to his father's funeral; we're getting ready for the Festival of Books and about 70 authors we will host at our store the night before the festival, and then again at our booth along with about 100,000 customers; I'm dealing with a cranky boss, an overworked husband that I never see; a friend who was facing possible additional brain surgery, and another friend who had to put his cat to sleep -- she was a tortie much like our Digit and Sweetpea, and it brought back much sorrow.

But... my neighbor is doing ok; my Irish friend facing brain surgery has been given a clean bill of health by his neurosurgeon; my friend who needs the heart transplant has much work to do in weight loss before they'll put her on the list, and has a positive, strong attitude about that; and the Festival will be exhausting but fun, as author friends from all over the country come to town.

And the daffodils are blooming.

love, Linda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home