Merry Christmas to All!

Merry Christmas Eve to everyone!
Most of my siblings and the parents are headed to Minnesota (weather permitting), to enjoy Sharon and Bob’s hospitality for the holiday. It will be a new adventure for everyone since Christmas has always been at the parents’ house for as many as who can get there, and Tim and I are sorry to miss it.
Leila is toasty and warm in Mexico, with fiestas every moment of every day for both Christmas and friends’ birthdays.
Stuart and Leslie are staying in New Mexico; the puppy needs hip surgery, managed to break a hip playing — as only a puppy can do!
We will sorely miss our little Digit this Christmas, but we're happy knowing she's not suffering and she's with Sweetpea. And Breakfast. And Ben (my lab, not Ben, my nephew who will be in Minnesota). And all the other pets who have made our lives richer.
Tim is off work until Monday, and is relaxed and trying not to gloat. I am bracing myself for one last day of retail before Christmas. And then I'm off duty for a couple days, and will set aside my elf hat and perky shoes and smile with relief. (And, no, I don't literally wear the hat and shoes.)
It's rainy and rather chilly here in Los Angeles, which the media proudly touts as "Christmas-y." We have our tree half-decorated, and actually got La Lulu Fattone the Cartoon Kitty to sit still in the obligatory kitty Santa hat long enough to get a picture. I'm hoping Tim will finish decorating the tree, and that I will come home this evening to a warm, toasty house full of Christmas light and cheer and the smell of Christmas cookies baking.
We wish you all much joy and love and good health and good fortune and peace and fun for the holidays! And send pictures!!! (I promise to be better about putting them up on the family blog in a timely fashion, honest.)
Love and joy,
Linda and Tim
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home