Digit's Last Day

We had to put our geriatric kitten, Digit, to sleep today. A very nice vet came to the house and examined her, and agreed there really was no alternative. Too many of her organs were failing her, and I knew she was miserable. It breaks my heart; and, even though I know it was the right decision, I still feel guilty -- like I failed her, I couldn't fix what was wrong, I couldn't stop the pain, I couldn't stop the aging.
I took this picture today, one last afternoon of Digit soaking up the southern California sun.
Linda
1 Comments:
I'm so sorry. It was almost exactly three years ago that we had to make the same choice for our beloved kitty too. Don't feel guilty because what you did was an incredibly unselfish act of love. Your precious Digit was so blessed to be loved by her kind family for her whole life.
I hope your heart heals soon and I hope your family has a warm and joyful Christmas.
Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!
By
Donna, at 5:27 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home