Happy Veteran's Day, Dad!
Happy Veteran's Day, Dad! I could not be prouder of you if you were my own father -- hey! wait a minute!
You are my father!
love, Linda







"As I've mentioned before, your military picture was always prominently displayed. We have always held you in very high regard, not only because you have served our country in the armed forces, but, also, because you are a very special person. Mom and Dad were very proud of "little brother" and we are very proud of our uncle! Love on Veteran's Day and always. Elizabeth and family."
"Dear Uncle Dub,
Thank you for your years of service to our country.
I can only imagine the sacrifices that you and your family made. I do
appreciate your, and our other solders, service years. However, I am glad
that now your primary "command duty" is commandeering your golf cart across
the course and enjoying yourself!
Happy Veterans Day!
Love,
Debbie and Family"
And Happy Veteran's Day to Cousin John -- wish I had some pictures to post of you, as well, John. love, Linda and the Browns
You are my father!
love, Linda







"As I've mentioned before, your military picture was always prominently displayed. We have always held you in very high regard, not only because you have served our country in the armed forces, but, also, because you are a very special person. Mom and Dad were very proud of "little brother" and we are very proud of our uncle! Love on Veteran's Day and always. Elizabeth and family."
"Dear Uncle Dub,
Thank you for your years of service to our country.
I can only imagine the sacrifices that you and your family made. I do
appreciate your, and our other solders, service years. However, I am glad
that now your primary "command duty" is commandeering your golf cart across
the course and enjoying yourself!
Happy Veterans Day!
Love,
Debbie and Family"
And Happy Veteran's Day to Cousin John -- wish I had some pictures to post of you, as well, John. love, Linda and the Browns
6 Comments:
1. Those are some great pictures and the Colonel LOOKS like a Colonel.
2. I have to say that Navy unis are much prettier. Doesn't matter if it's the BDU or the Dress Blue or Dress White. Oh wait -- Army doesn't have a Dress White.
By
Anonymous, at 8:24 AM
But the Army has Dress Blues that are jaw-dropping gorgeous. Sigh... The only time my dad has ever looked more handsome is in his kilt at my wedding!
Linda
By
Linda Brown, at 8:29 AM
In response to the comment from Frances; yes, the Army does have dress whites. I had a dress white uniform that was supposed to be for tropical wear and the only time I ever wore it was while stationed in Alaska. Go figure.
In response to Linda's comment; I didn't wear a kilt at your wedding. Sorry Honey but you aren't supposed the forget things like that.
By
Anonymous, at 2:16 PM
oh my god, Dad, you are so right. it must have been the piper I was admiring!
By
Anonymous, at 5:18 PM
Did you have to wear sword with your dress whites? My dad had to wear a sword on several occasions while attending diplomatic functions. He felt, and these are his words (or the Chinese equivalent), "like a buffoon."
By
Anonymous, at 8:17 AM
In response to France's last comment, no I didn't carry a sword. In fact, since I was in the Signal Corps (communications and electronics) I wasn't allowed to have any sharp implements.
By
Anonymous, at 8:33 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home