Dub Brown's Family

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Linda's 15 Minutes



If you're at all a fan of crime fiction, you probably know the name Robert Crais -- he writes a mystery series set in Los Angeles, featuring a sardonic private investigator named Elvis Cole, who wears loud Hawaiian shirts and has a ... difficult relationship with the LAPD. Bob has been a great friend to The Mystery Bookstore, where I'm the assistant manager, and has become something of a pal of mine.

We had a lot of fun hosting a signing event this past Independence weekend for Crais. I'm deeply flattered to report that in this new book, Chasing Darkness, I've been cast a in a bit part as a police detective, along with the store manager, Bobby. I persuaded Bobby to join me in dressing the part of detective; and we put the sales staff in Hawaiian shirts. We actually had a great turnout of fans -- I was a bit worried, considering the holiday weekend. But 75-80 folks turned out, and we had a lot of fun.

It may be the swan song for the bookstore, which is in dire financial straits, so it was a somewhat bittersweet experience. But, what the hell, go out on a good note, eh?!

Linda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home