Dub Brown's Family

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Underpaid, maybe, but overwhelmed


I'm pretty sure Dad thinks that my devotion to The Mystery Bookstore is another one of those "windmills" that I've tilted at in the past. But there are perks that help compensate for the low salary and long hours: I've become friends with some of my favorite authors. This picture was taken last week at our pre-Festival of the Books party -- that's Cara Black I'm hugging, who writes a great series set in Paris, featuring a private investigator named Aimee Leduc.

And, get this: just got an uncorrected proof of the next Robert Crais book featuring L.A. P.I., Elvis Cole -- and both Bobby (the bookstore manager) and I are cast in it as cops! What a hoot!

I think that now makes 3 books I've appeared in -- a Mr. Monk book in which I'm tattooed and pierced and fiercely protective of independent bookstores; and another book in which I'm an assassin nicknamed The Surgeon. Hmm...

Linda

2 Comments:

  • If you get a part in a Dr. Seuss book, then I'll be really impressed. martin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:54 AM  

  • I would be, too. And then some.

    I'd probably have better luck being cast in one of Cornelia Funke's picture books -- she's become a good friend to the bookstore where I work. If you haven't yet discovered "Princess Knight" or "Pirate Girl," you should. Great fun, great illustrations, and great girl characters full of spunk! Much like your daughter?

    Linda

    By Blogger Linda Brown, at 8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home