Dub Brown's Family

Monday, October 29, 2007

Our Sweet Pea

Our beloved cat, Sweet Pea, died last week. She was with us for 19 years, having adopted us in Chicago. She came to us in a "delicate condition," and gave us 6 beautiful kittens. We kept Digit (on the right in the picture here); Leila took one, her Breakfast who was with her for, gosh, 16 years or more? My friend Frances took another, Max, who was with her for many years; and we found loving homes for the other three.

We were so lucky to have Sweet Pea for so long. She taught us a lot, and gave us much joy, and we miss her dreadfully. I'm actually rather startled by how bereaved I feel; but she was part of our daily lives for 19 years, so perhaps I should not be surprised.

Sweet Pea was fun, smart, stubborn, loving, charming, and had the loudest, most comforting purr ever. She was Some Cat.

Linda

1 Comments:

  • I am so sorry for your loss of Sweet Pea. Debbie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home