Dub Brown's Family

Saturday, July 28, 2007

"Up North" with the Browns





Every summer, Dad and Janet rent a cabin for a week, on a lake in northern Wisconsin. They've been doing it for probably more than 30 years now. We'd go waterskiing, fishing, hiking, exploring, hang out by the campfire, dangle our feet in the water off the end of the dock... As we each grew up and moved out on our own, the dyanmic changed. But over the years, various kids and their families have been able to join them. Tim and I have never made it; in fact, I was probably still in college the last time I went.

This year, I'm going! Tim will hold down the fort here, keeping TMZ.com and our kitchen contractors (http://sceneshop.com/kitchencam/) in line -- oh, and the cats, too. But I'm heading out Friday evening for a week of hanging out with Dad and Janet and whatever siblings et. al. can make it, swatting mosquitos, eating whatever fish Dad manages to catch, reading, staring up at the sky... Heaven.

Linda

2 Comments:

  • Sounds like a good time in the great outdoors. John and I are all about the fishing. You cousins must remember our trips below Bagnell Dam catching all those little (didn't know how little they were, until later in life) crappie. That's only size there were there and they would bite often. A favorite outing with Aunt Marie. I never go fishing with out thinking of her.

    Enjoy your time together.

    Kathy Fields

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:57 AM  

  • Hope you all enjoy your time at the Lake. Looks like a beautiful place to relax.

    While Kathy has fond memories of those Bagnell Dam fishing trips, I do not. They just didn't understand that not everyone enjoyed the smelly river bank all day on Sunday. Finally, I got to stay home under the shady oak tree.

    By Blogger Elizabeth Deffenbaugh, at 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home