Various Bits
Janet reports from Crete (where she's teaching English for a couple weeks as part of a project called Global Volunteers): "Had a nice day yesterday taking the bus to Agios Nikolaos. It is a beautiful small city with both a lake and the sea. John and I had lunch on the lake as it was sheltered from the wind. Then we walked around a bit, stopped to see a man who paints reproduction pottery and walked back to the lake. There was a crew who were preparing for a film shoot and we sat for about an hour and watched young Greek dancers do traditional dances in preparation for the shoot. We were told that later they would put on traditional costumes for the filming -- but I thought they looked great in blue jeans and other trendy clothing. The one in charge =-- and the trendiest -- was a young woman with long frizzy red hair, cool sunglasses, high heeled boots and very tight faded and ripped up jeans. I told John about Ben's trendy jeans and assurred him that she had on the most expensive outfit there."
Dad went to Minnesota this past weekend for Stephanie's confirmation. Am awaiting pictures and reports?
And I spent a marathon session -- 3 days, pretty much 7am to 9 or 10pm -- of hosting almost 90 authors and hundreds of customers on behalf of The Mystery Bookstore, during the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books.


Lots of fun, but it's 2 days later and I'm STILL tired. Hey, John, the second picture is of an author named T. Jefferson Parker -- if you haven't read his books, you should. I think you'd like them. His book last year, THE FALLEN is probably available in paperback or easily available at your library (or, of course, your local independent bookstore!) -- and I loved it!
Linda
Dad went to Minnesota this past weekend for Stephanie's confirmation. Am awaiting pictures and reports?
And I spent a marathon session -- 3 days, pretty much 7am to 9 or 10pm -- of hosting almost 90 authors and hundreds of customers on behalf of The Mystery Bookstore, during the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books.


Lots of fun, but it's 2 days later and I'm STILL tired. Hey, John, the second picture is of an author named T. Jefferson Parker -- if you haven't read his books, you should. I think you'd like them. His book last year, THE FALLEN is probably available in paperback or easily available at your library (or, of course, your local independent bookstore!) -- and I loved it!
Linda
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home