Adventures of A Bride-to-Be
The Deffenbaugh womenfolk and Michelle's friend, Melissa, were in L.A. this weekend for a shopping expedition. Yesterday, I met up with them for lunch in Westwood, to hear about fabrics and moving and other such adventures of the bride-to-be. Elizabeth and Michelle seem very calm and organized -- and that's a great way to be. (The two Melissas looked like they were simply enjoying the ride.)
I did not share stories of Tim's and my misadventures (the photographer trying to cancel 3 days before our wedding, the rain for our outdoor ceremony and reception, and the idiot planner who told us our "cover set" had been co-opted by the Kiwanis club, or that Tim inadvertently stole a golf cart -- the main transportation on the island where we were married -- in his frantic search for another venue).
I figure pretty much everyone planning and having a wedding will have their own fun and foibles. War stories can always be shared after the event.
Meanwhile, I hear John is recovering nicely from his heart surgery; rumor has it that Janet's off on another adventure of her own, and Dad has decamped to Arizona. Hopefully, this trip will not require medical attention. And, yes, golf clubs, Grandmother's Ginger Snaps, and B&B are all in the picture.
What's new with everyone else?
Linda
I did not share stories of Tim's and my misadventures (the photographer trying to cancel 3 days before our wedding, the rain for our outdoor ceremony and reception, and the idiot planner who told us our "cover set" had been co-opted by the Kiwanis club, or that Tim inadvertently stole a golf cart -- the main transportation on the island where we were married -- in his frantic search for another venue).
I figure pretty much everyone planning and having a wedding will have their own fun and foibles. War stories can always be shared after the event.
Meanwhile, I hear John is recovering nicely from his heart surgery; rumor has it that Janet's off on another adventure of her own, and Dad has decamped to Arizona. Hopefully, this trip will not require medical attention. And, yes, golf clubs, Grandmother's Ginger Snaps, and B&B are all in the picture.
What's new with everyone else?
Linda
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home