Dub Brown's Family

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mom



Just in case y'all think the family reunion DVD thing is never going to happen... I have been scanning photos from that weekend, and from family photo albums. I just occasionally get lost, wandering down other paths.

This photo of Mom (Aunt Mary to some of you), for example -- it looks like it was probably taken at a Christmas bazaar, and I recognize the Christmas ball ornaments hanging in the center of the shot (I think we kids helped make some). I can't explain the mustache on the one gentleman, however... Blame it on the 70's?

But I sure remember that smile on Mom's face -- it lights up the room, doesn't it?

Happy Birthday, Mom.

Love, Linda

3 Comments:

  • Oh, what a treasure! I had forgotten how tiny Aunt Mary was. Treasure your photos, they bring such joy.

    By Blogger Sis Brown Turner, at 1:20 PM  

  • Elizabeth had trouble posting a comment, so she emailed me. Here is what she had to say: "I can't seem to make a comment on the blog today so I'll take this route. I love the picture and tribute to your Mom today. You are right--she always had a beautiful smile and warm and loving heart.

    However, I noticed Tim's picture was also giving us a prize-winning smile!

    Keep up the good work on the DVD. Let me know when you need some help or some assistance with funding."

    So, Elizabeth, does your offer for assistance with funding extend to a trip to Vegas? :-)

    Linda

    By Blogger Linda Brown, at 10:23 PM  

  • Dad, too, had trouble posting -- I wish I knew how to make it easier...

    He wanted help putting this photo in context. All I can say is that it was with some other loose photos from our time in Ft. Richardson, Alaska. I don't know if it was a church bazaar or something the officers' wives did. The man with the mustache calls to mind -- vague memories, mind you -- called Klondike Days...

    Linda

    By Blogger Linda Brown, at 9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home