Aunt Marie would have loved Carol cuz -- wow! -- that girl can fish!

As promised -- or was that "threatened"? -- if y'all don't correspond with me, I'll post pictures of you. I'd like to find an unflattering photo of Alex's wife, Carol; but, darn it, she's too pretty to look bad even holding a big ol' ugly fish! I haven't heard from Alex and Carol in ages, so I'm assuming they're joining us for the reunion/Dad's birthday picnic...
By now, everyone should have received packets of information I sent out, including maps to the picnic and Dad's wonderful list of Things to Do Around Milwaukee. If you haven't gotten the info, please let me know and I'll pop it in the mail right away.
Sis Turner, by the way, suggested something I think is absolutely brilliant: let's make Saturday (the day before the picnic) "Aunt Marie Day," and we can all share memories and stories about Aunt Marie. We haven't really planned any gathering for that day yet; but I imagine we'll all be meeting up at some point, so be prepared to show a picture or share a memory of our Aunt Marie (purple shirt optional). And, if you didn't know her, just listen... and you'll wish you had (and maybe feel you did).
By the way, Tim and I just got back from spending several hours at a couple different INS (or CIS, as I believe they prefer to be called) offices for the China adoption we're working on. It made me wonder what Grandmother Brown's experience must have been, coming to this country so many years ago...
Linda
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home