Dub Brown's Family

Friday, June 23, 2006

The Many Shades of Brown

I know some folks have some trepidations about the matching color shirt idea. So, remember, no one is holding a gun to your head. But for those of you who do want to play along, here's a color wheel to help figure out how each one of us came to this party we're calling the Brown Family Reunion/Dub's Birthday Party. And, Merci, the color orange comes in many hues -- tangerine, apricot, pumpkin, peach frost (that one was Tim's contribution), as well as road cone.

4 Comments:

  • Linda,

    You couldn't have said it better, about our Aunt Marie.

    By Blogger Becky Fields, at 3:30 PM  

  • I have no intention of upsetting the color wheel "apple cart", so to speak, just a simple commentary about the selection of orange for "Jean's Team". I doubt the color wheel author remembered that Jean's first name was "Violet". Then again maybe the author did know this fact along with the fact that Jean hated the name Violet, so in reality any color other then violet for the Team Jean would have been preferred by her.

    Sorry, but I will not be wearing Powercat purple, Texas burnt orange, or Mizzou black & gold (Sorry Dub but I have my standards). I do however have a free T-shirt to the first person who correctly identifies this blogger.

    Regards to All

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:41 AM  

  • Oh, for pete's sake, of course I knew Aunt Jean hated her given name, Violet (Elmer/Dub/Dad isn't too crazy about his, either). But I will point out that she was always too gracious to ever make a fuss about the darned tee shirts!

    I'm gonna guess a Voorhees spouse is the challenger here, but that's as far as I'm willing to go at 7:30 in the morning without more coffee.

    Bottomline... Come naked, Anonymous, if you so desire. Of course, it will hurt like the dickens to pin a nametag on your chest...

    Linda

    By Blogger Linda Brown, at 7:28 AM  

  • As a member of Norm's team, his two reps will be wearing yellow shirts with a BIG blue block M on it! Hey, being the Scot that I am, free is free!

    By Blogger Sis Brown Turner, at 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home